Thursday 14 May 2009

ALEX SCOTT BLOG - May 12th 09

LA LA LAND and the LA Sol.

By Alex Scott

last weekend we played the number one team in the League LA Sol. We knew this would be one of our hardest games because of the attacking personalities that their team Possess. It was also hard as we knew we had to get something from the game, as we had just lost our last game to Chicago (which i will say no more about)We won the game infront of our 8,000 home fans which left us with a sweet feeling, but we also knew that the following week we had to travel to LA where LA Sol would be on there home patch and want revenge.
I have never been to LA, and have heard so much about it. I was really looking forward to this trip as i get the chance to play against some great players and the chance to see this great city.I will start by talking about my 6 hour plane ride, if you read my last blog you will all know that i am scared of flying. This trip did not help my fear one bit.... at one point the turbulence got so bad i was trying to convince myself to be asleep so hopefully i wouldn't feel anything, but just then, no word of a lie the plane must have dropped 2 feet from the sky. That was it, i gave the biggest scream, only to turn around and find that i was getting stared at by a lot of passengers on the plane. This has to go down as one of my most embarrassing moments ever, i then buried my head in my pillow for the rest of the trip.

I managed to get to LA LA land safe and sound, where the sun was out and waiting for us. Training that day, i had been told by our exercise scientist from our national team to try and train in extra layers to try and acclimatise ready for match day.Try to imagine, a whole team training in sleeveless Tshirts and the two Brits, myself and Kelly training in Jumpers(sweaters). The team thought we was crazy and decided that day to give Kelly Smith a new nickname - Casper!, as her legs do not see alot of sun, so you can imagine,ha. (sorry Kelly, had to share this one,ha)On Friday we had some spare time after training, so we got to go to Venice beach - i have never seen anything like it!1st of all i got to see muscle beach, this seemed to be big men who appeared to love themselves and loved to be photographed working on the oldest weight equipment i have ever seen..... of course like everyone else i had to get pics.There was so many people and i really could have stayed all day and just people watched There was a outside party going on on a different part of the beach where people just seemed to be loving life. People were walking their dogs, skating and having fun. I made my mind up there and then that i would really love to live on a beach someday in the sun and have no worries and just chill and be happy!!

Playing at the Home depot was a great experience. It is the biggest field in the league and one of the nicest. The sun once again was out, but did not effect us too bad. LA had a good 1st half and we had the better 2nd half. Overall i think a draw was a fair result. The two best female players in the world once again matched up and really showed there class and why they are the talk of the league at the moment. Being a defender myself, everyone knows that attacking players get all the credit right?Well i would like to give credit to my fellow defender Amy LePeilbet, 1st of all congrats because she has just been called back into the national team, but this is one tough defender. I can already go on record and say this is one of the best defenders i have played along side even though we are only 5 games into the league. she just reads the game so well, hard to beat 1v1 and i think against LA this week, she showed her true class.

so that was my trip to La La land... oh one more thing, only in LA will you find an owner and his dog both wearing sunglasses, LOVE IT!
Red eye flight that night back to Boston, sleeping tablet in my system, so no scream to report!I will update you next week about my new life in the WPS.

Your English Boston breaker!!!

Check out the blog here http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Alex%20Scott

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment