Monday 29 June 2009

ALEX SCOTT BLOG - June 29th


The Half Way Point.

So after all the wait for the league to start and all the hype about what players will get selected and end up at what WPS team, can you believe that we are already at the half way point of the season?

I remember when i was still playing for Arsenal and teams from the WPS started to contact me with their interest. I remember the 1st time I spoke with Coach tony Dicicco on the phone. I was sitting at the bottom of the stairs in my house just about to take my dog for a walk when my phone rang. It was a USA number so i thought i best take it, Tony started talking about what he hopes he will get from his team, what formation he was looking to play and where i fitted into the puzzle etc My dog began to get very fed up waiting for me. She was barking like mad at me with the lead by her side, at the same time talking with Tony i was trying to shush the dog away (but of course in dog world they think they are now playing a game and the barking got even louder),



After i got off the phone i remember thinking A) I did not have a clue what i just spoke about with Tony and B) this guy will most probably think i am a nut case and not draft me anyway, how unprofessional of me to have my crazy boxer dog going mental in the back ground it was one of the most important phone calls which was going to possibly (and did) shape my future,ha.

Well the point I am getting at is............. to me this seems all so long ago now. I cannot believe that we are at the half way point of the season and when i keep looking at our fixture list, i will be going home to England all too very soon to play in the European championships and my 1st season in the WPS will be over (get the violins out i know, i am going to shed a tear)
They say time fly's by when you are having fun, and time sure is flying by.

We are back up to 2nd in the table and this feels sweeeetttttttttttttt, i am remembering what it feels like to win, and wow that feels good, we got our revenge back on Chicago by beating them 2-0 (so my wounds are now healed from the 4-0 defeat to them last time). We played Washington in the last of our 4 games in 11 days, and the first half was the best soccer (football) we had all played in our Boston Breakers tops. We made a very good Washington side with great players look average. We showed in this game how important team work is, when one went to close down a player so did another, when a player got beat a teammate was close by, when we attacked we all attacked, and it felt so good after the game because we all knew it was a well deserved win and this is how we should be playing all season (Washington did come at us in the 2nd half, and my legs began to feel like lead after a lot of game in a small amount off time.
There is a quote that says something like"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you"This is so true, behind us in the pack (the league table) every team is so close with something like only 1 point in it, hopefully we finish this marathon race with a sprint finish into the championship game and I will remain a happy woman!!!!!Oh yeah, i have to give a mention to my teamie Latham,........ She got a 2 game ban against Washington the last time we played them for an elbow to one of their players she then comes back and gets the game winning goal, that is the way to do it (you go girl)!!!

Enough about soccer now and more about the REST........ I just want to let you all know, I think this was my real 1st weekend off of doing nothing in over a year and a bit, I have come straight out of a long season with Arsenal ladies straight into another season with Boston. My body let me know that it enjoyed eating a cheeseburger and having a glass of wine (just 1 so hopefully i have not committed a crime, or was it maybe 3?????) and my body enjoyed putting it's legs up and resting. We headed out of Boston for the weekend and went to P-Town (Provincetown). What a cute little town this is by the way. I have never seen anything like it. It was so relaxing, people seemed to be care free there were lots of little shops, art galleries etc along the beach. Also there were lots of places to eat and hang out. This little town was like something i have only seen in movies (I do not know what movie, but you know what i mean, i hope?).I would defiantly like to go back there.

I also spent some time reading. I am not sure I should admit to this part but i am an honest kinda girl. I do not know what age group read these books, but oh my gosh I have not been able to put it down!! We have not really heard about these books back in England, because the whole Harry Potter thing is so big. Jenny Nobis (my teammate) is totally the biggest fan of these and spends all day talking about it. I really think she thinks its real life and she has fallen in love.... Anyway just incase you are all lost i am talking about the TWILIGHT books. I have just finished reading the 2nd one. I am addicted, but sssssssssshhhhhhhh like i said i am not sure i should admit to reading something about Vampires and Werewolfs ,ha ha.!


Ok and the last thing I have to mention which was the biggest shock to the start of my weekend was.............. Michael Jackson (RIP).We did have a tribute playlist to him in the changing room (locker room) on friday (courtesy of Latham's ipod). People who know me, know how much i love all sorts of music and I loved Michael's Jackson music (and will continue to) I remember growing up as a kid I always thought I should have been a singe r(believe it or not) so anytime family members would come round, I would puff up my afro (yes i have a big afro but it takes me hours to keep it straight like i wear it now. Whoever invented ironing tongues are a genius ,LOL) I had a little microphone stand and a whole album of Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 songs. I would stand there singing and dancing thinking i was delivering a Michael Jackson concert to thousands when really there was just two parents and the dog watching,ha.I just think its sad he did not get to deliver one last concert, but his name will forever live on.(maybe that's where i can step in....... Kelly is sitting here telling me not to give up my day job, i take it she does not like my singing then, ha.oh which reminds me, I have started having guitar lessons, (random i know) but i will keep you all informed of my progress and how this Boston Breaker is going to be the best rock chick in town (not,ha).
Ok all, a hard week of training awaits me, enjoy your week and come back next weekyour English Boston breakerAlex Scott

By Alex Scott at http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Alex%20Scott

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment