Friday 23 October 2009

RED STARS HOMECOMING!



The Chicago Red Stars announce their first 2009 free agent signing today, bringing defender and Oswego, Ill., native Julianne Sitch on board for the team's 2010 Women's Professional Soccer season. Per team policy, terms of her contract are not released, and Sitch's official signing is pending the league's approval.

Sitch made her WPS debut this past season for the champion Sky Blue FC. She started in 11 of 16 regular-season games, netting her first goal on June 28 against Saint Louis Athletica.

I am very happy to be coming home to Chicago to continue my playing career," Sitch said. "I've always dreamt about playing in my hometown, where all of my family and friends -- who have supported me throughout my career -- can come and watch. I love Chicago. I love Toyota Park and the energy it brings to the game. I couldn't be more happy and I'm excited for the season to start!"

Sitch has a rich soccer history throughout the Chicago area. She is best known for her groundbreaking efforts for the DePaul University women's soccer program, where she shattered many records during her 2002-2005 tenure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment