Wednesday 28 October 2009

YOUNG GUN FOR SKY BLUE FC


Sky Blue planning for the future?
They have signed Hudson Valley Quickstrike Lady Blues defender Ashleigh Gunning.
The Lady Blues played in the W-League and are an affiliate to Sky Blue.
Gunning is a product of Coastal Carolina University and was a big hit at this years combine. The 2nd one she has attended after last years.

Gunning was an instrumental component in the Quickstrike defense this past season, anchoring their back line to the W-League regular season title and a semifinal appearance in the postseason. She played in all 13 games for Quickstrike and contributed two goals and a pair of assists to its offensive attack.

"I am grateful to Sky Blue FC for the opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream," she commented about the signing. “I'm very thankful to have this opportunity, and right now, it's an opportunity. It's nothing guaranteed, and obviously I have to show up and play well to prove that I deserve to be there. It's something I've thought about and worked towards for a long time, but I know that it is not the end of the road. I still have a lot of work to do and there is a long way to go."

Read more about Sky Blue and Ashleigh Gunning HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment